Slider

Michael's First Haircut

Monday, August 9, 2010

Yep, you read that right! Michael already had his first haircut, courtesy of his big sis! Saturday morning I was nursing the baby and let out a huge gasp when I noticed the chunk that was taken out of his ever-so-stylish baby faux-hawk! Thankfully, Justin and I sat there and both nervously laughed it off (not b/c it was funny, but b/c what else are you going to do at that point?). After we regained composure, Justin interrogated the suspect who happily divulged her alibi. She was guilty, no doubt about it.
According to the suspect, Mommy (me) was "in the show-u (shower) and Michael was sleeping in his bounc-u (bouncer)." Now, in my defense I thought Michael would be safe in his bouncer, which I had set right outside the shower door. So much for even sneaking in a quick, five-minute shower when I've got both kids in my care.
Lesson learned, hide ALL scissors (kiddie-proof or not) in a bolted safe, in the attic!!! Clearly, hiding them anywhere else has not worked!

p.s. Michael, I completely apologize for not documenting your first haircut with the camera and saving a scrap of your hair, like "good moms" are supposed to do. Although, "good moms" generally take their babies to a salon for their first haircut, too;) I guess, the "baby's first haircut" page in your baby book will remain blank;) You poor second-born child, you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan