As far as on actual Vday, Hailey and I painted and did some fun crafts in the backyard, while Michael took his morning nap. Then it was off to lunch and carousel rides at the Spectrum! Michael didn't quite know what to think of his first ride on the "horsies," but as always, was Mr. Mellow and enjoyed the scenery! Although, our shopping was cut a tad bit short by some unforeseen circumstances (ahem, Hailey), we finished off our evening with dinner at our new favorite Italian restaurant. We joined Auntie Mel and Uncle Fluffy and made it a "family date!" We normally dine-in and Justin brings home dinner from a restaurant or we cook a fancy dinner, but I have to say that getting the family dressed up and having a "date" together was a total blast!
I know this holiday can be perceived as corny or unnecessary by some, but I will never get tired of celebrating a day made just for love! A day for me to show those close to me how much I love them and a day to be reminded that I, as a person am loved, too! Life is hectic and it's easy to get caught up in the day-to-day, "I have to be here," "I have to get this done," "I have to, I have to, I have too..." and I love having an extra day to tell us to slow down and make someone else feel loved and appreciated!
So, to all my fellow Valentine's Day fans out there, hope you had an extra lovey-dovey day! Muah!
No comments:
Post a Comment