Slider

Hailey Turns Six- Part One

Thursday, January 10, 2013

If anyone says "December babies" get the shaft when it comes to birthdays, I beg to differ!  I felt like December was a month of celebrating our special girl!  Of course, we wouldn't have it any other way!

Although, I didn't have it in me this year to plan a huge birthday party with tons of kids, I wasn't going to let that stop Hailey from having one heck of a fun party!  She chose to invite her three older cousins and have a Build-a-Bear/Movie Night/Sleep-over party.  I picked up the girls on Saturday afternoon and we headed straight to Build-a-Bear at the mall.  Their giddiness on the drive there was contagious...I mean just bumpin' Taylor Swift songs is enough to put anyone in a good mood, riiiight!? ;)

Each of them picked out their own animal and had fun picking out an outfit, too!  Oh, and can I just say that the "OCD-must have everything match properly" kind-a gal in me did exceedingly well at not barging in and trying to pick their animals' outfits for them!  Although, Emerson's choice of a cheezy Disney Tangled shirt for her dog about put the other four of us over the edge...HA!  Regardless, we all held our tongue and let her go on her merry way and she was oh-so-proud of the Tangled shirt she picked!

Next up, we ate dinner at Farrell's, where Justin and Michael joined us.  Two adults, FIVE kids...yep, we got some funny looks:)  The best part was all the kids were SO, SO good, which obviously displayed our "rockstar" parenting skills to the other tables around us and quickly squashed their judgements about us;)  It was quite a hoot to watch the staff sing (or should I say, BELT OUT) a version of "happy birthday" to Hailey, complete with drums and all!

After dinner we drove around our community, looking at Christmas lights and then home and into their jammies.  The girls and Michael all snuggled on the couch to watch a Christmas movie (choice of the bday girl).  They ended their night with Hello Kitty cupcakes and despite the 3lbs of icing on each one, still went to bed surprisingly well!




 Time to bathe that monkey!


All done! 



Luckily, we had a professional newpaper hat "maker" at our table...Justin!! 


Raegan photobombing 

These two always seem to see "eye to eye" on everything;) ;) 

Hailey going "when in the world is this embarrassing song going to be over!?" 







Movie time! 

Michael was much too excited about the cupcakes to have time for a picture 


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan