Hooray, we had a blast celebrating one of my favorite holidays...Valentine's Day! It has been a fav of mine since childhood; thanks to my mom, who has always made this a special, fun holiday for as long as I can remember and now, I hope to pass those same feelings on to my own little ones! The fun started, last week, with making "treats" for our friends...Hailey had the best time doing this and I love this little tradition we've started together! I thought I had fun doing this last year with her, but I think each year is getting better and better! As I was letting her put the candy in the boxes, she told me (in the most enthusiastic voice possible), "Mom, I'm just SO lucky!"
Sunday, we made a yummy breakfast, consisting of heart-shaped "Chocolate Chip, Raspberry Stuffed French Toast." It rocked:)
Oh, and for dinner...we started off with a cheese fondue recipe from where else, but the Melting Pot! Dinner consisted of filet mignon w/bearnaise sauce, fresh asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes! All from scratch and homemade! And what's a fancy dinner without a fancy drink? This year, we sipped on Cherry"Mock-tinis" (aka: virgin martinis). Dessert was provided by Justin and Hailey...chocolate covered strawberries from my favorite bakery! Good team work, guys:) Needless to say, we went to bed with full, happy tummies!
Such a fun-filled, lovey-dovey kind of day! :)
She is getting so big. She looks so grown up reading her card! Looks like you guys had a fantastic day. I thought about you, becuase I know you love the holiday!
ReplyDeleteYou and your family are so stinkin adorable!! What a lovely valentines dinner!! I love the pics of you baking with your girlie.... the best! Hope you are doing well. You are so blessed!
ReplyDeleteEverything looked perfect!
ReplyDelete