Slider

Mama's Day 2012

Friday, May 18, 2012

I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that it's mid-May!? Last Sunday, I celebrated my 5th Mother's Day as a Mama:) It really was a perfect day! I woke up and actually got to STAY IN BED!!! JP took care of the kiddos and before I knew it, I heard the garage door open and they were off. So, there I stayed IN BED and soaked up the peace and quiet...it was actually kind of eery, having the house SO quiet and being up alone in bed. When they came home, I made my way downstairs to find my favorite coffee and Pumpkin Spice muffins from our local breakfast bakery, along with some other fun goodies! We enjoyed a beautiful brunch/lunch at my sister's and then home to relax and give the little guy a nap! Later we headed to...hold it...wait for it...Mr. B's for dinner!!! I know we REALLY like to live life on the edge and try new places;) Hehe! Seriously though, we had the entire back dining room to ourselves and the kids were awesome, so it really was a GREAT ending to the day! Oh, and Mr. B gave all of the moms a glass of wine, any dessert from the menu AND a long-stem rose! So fun!

 Aside from being mauled by a bird at Starbucks, that morning (FUNNIEST story EVER and apparently it happens quite often at our local Starbucks!!!), the day was about as good as they come!

 On a mushy note (and one I'd like for *my* records), being a mom is downright God's greatest gift! I still wake up (even if it is at the crack of dawn everyday) and look at my kids and am in awe the I am able to be with them from sun-up until sundown. How am I so lucky?? It is humbling, really. It is humbling to know that little old me was handed these TWO precious babes to mother, here on Earth. Sometimes I look at the two of them and get overwhelmed with the ginormous responsiblity it is to raise a child. Am I doing a good job? Am I equipping them with a strong enough spiritual foundation that they will know how to make those "tough" life decisions, as they grow older? Am I "letting go" enough? Am I sheltering and protecting enough? Am I being their Mommy, before I am being their "friend?" Do they know the magnitude of JUST how much I LOVE them? Do we spend enough time reading together? Enough time playing together? Am I squeezing in enough separate "alone" time with each of them. Etc, etc, etc!

 I was at Home Depot a few days ago and an sweet, older man stopped me and told me that I was doing the most important job in the world. He told me I looked like I was doing a darn good job at it, too. Me? Really? He said my wage of staying at home might not buy me too many "earthly treasures," but he looked at my kids and told me that I already had TWO of life's greatest "treasures" anyway! Cute and profound! :)

With all that being said, cheers to celebrating another Mother's Day!
Waking up and soaking in the "quietness"

Surprises galore!



Goofy girl at Mr. B's

Spumoni pie was my dessert of choice!


Happy Mother's Day 2012!

1 comment:

  1. Awww that brought tears to my eyes! What an amazing mommy you are and they are just as blessed for having you, as you are for them!! xoxo Happy (late) Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan