I think I say this every holiday since having kids, but this year's Halloween was a BLAST!! All the kids were so into it and Hailey could NOT wait to Trick or Treat with her cousins!! It's become a tradition and the girl gets beyond ecstatic for it!
Hailey decided on a Cowgirl and Michael was Finn McMissile from the Disney movie, Cars. A little background on Michael's costume...in a nutshell it was payback for ALL the years I would look at little boys dressed up as superheroes and characters from movies and think "how DORKY!" Well, every time I had that attitude, God must have been snickering at me because this year, after trying to talk Michael into EVERY cute costume imaginable (and him shaking his head and telling me, "No!"), I made the mistake of stumbling on the ONE Finn McMissile costume in the entire store! It had been returned from online and was still in its un-opened package, therefore, Target put it on their shelf to sell. The second he saw the Cars logo on the package he started squealing and jumping up and down. At that point, it wasn't even a matter of me distracting him or trying to change his mind. Nope. Cheesy Finn costume, it was! And can I just say, he was the cutest lil Finn, I ever did see:) Yep, I'm a sucker! Afterall, that's what Halloween is all about...letting them dress up in a costume that they love and boy, oh boy, did he LOVE his!
Little Buddy wore it for three days STRAIGHT after we bought it (I finally hid it, so he wouldn't wear it out before Halloween) and three days STRAIGHT after Halloween. Best money I have ever spent:)
Pre-trick or treat dinner
Daddy and his cowgirl...yeehaw!
The Meador Crew
Sisters, Husbands, Kids and Cousins, oh my! (hope that doesn't sound polygamist-haha!)
His excitement never faded, the entire night! He enthusiastically waved and said "BYE!!!!" at every house:)
JP will want to kill me for posting this!!! He was a good sport, though;)
(Brokeback Mtn, anyone??)
The crew, minus Dad, who was back at the house, passing out candy. Apparently, our family all had a "western-theme" in mind! Great minds think alike, what can I say!?
Jack's first Trick or Treat, outside of the belly;)
No comments:
Post a Comment