Slider

Fear

Thursday, February 21, 2013

I think "fear" is a four-letter word for a reason.  Fear, in some regards, can be healthy, but in many situations, fear holds us back from obtaining closeness with the Lord.  Visually, I see fear as a roadblock with God on one side and me on the other.  I also see fear as an antonym to faith.  I strive SO hard to live a life of strong, cemented faith in the Lord, so why have I found that I am letting fear creep into SO many aspects of my life, lately??  

Fear with the way our Nation is being led.  Fear of the world my children are growing up in.  Fear of someone close to me getting cancer.  Fear of my children getting hurt.  Fear of me or a close loved one being in "the wrong place at the wrong time."  (this fear has grown immensely with the tragic news stories over the past three months or so).  Fear that we are raising our children in an over-privileged, far-from-reality, type of area. The list goes on...

However, under all those fears, lies a strong faith in my Lord and His plans for my life.  I look back at trials throughout my life and I can SO clearly see God's hand in all of those trials. I hold strong to the fact that no matter what comes my way in life, there is a divine plan.


Isaiah 41:13

For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 56:3-4

When I am afraid, I will trust in you.  In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. 

Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."



3 comments:

  1. Oh Nessa...my mind has been going that way lately too. With all the tragic news the last several months/weeks, I want to wrap my family in bubble wrap to protect them. Keep your faith sweet Nessa! I love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and your honesty....Great reminders for me these days! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a struggle so many of us have! I love your biblical perspective though. If we keep our theology straight and think biblically, we can find rest in His sovereignty. Great verses and promises to claim!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan