Slider

Palm Desert

Thursday, October 24, 2013

We spent the last weekend of July in one of our favorite spots, Palm Desert!  Our good friends, the Fluffies (long story on that name!), joined us and it was the perfect mini-getaway to re-charge our batteries:)  Sometimes all it takes is 36 hours to break out of your normal routine and leave you feeling completely re-charged.

We stayed at the Marriott Shadow Ridge and it was an absolutely PERFECT place for families!!  Not sure I will stay anywhere else, if traveling as a family.

Other than, Michael flying off the bed at 2am (don't worry he recovered just fine...HAHA) and another lil mishap with the phone in the room (also, the doings of who else...Michael!), it was an uneventful trip.  Pool, dinner, golf, pool...perfection!

So, I know y'all are dying to know what happened with the telephone in the room...Sunday morning, Justin was golfing and I "indulged" in a five-minute shower.  No sooner than I get out of the shower, the room phone is ringing and it's Hotel Management asking me if everything is "okay" in our room.  Me, thinking both my kids have been doing nothing, but sitting on the couch watching tv, asks her, "Yeah, why?  Is everything okay with you?" (She must've been thinking what an idiot I was for asking her if she was alright, but I was just so confused.)  She then proceeds to tell me that they've received 30 calls from my room in just a few minutes, so she just wanted to make sure there was no emergency or anything.  Ahhh....yep, that'd be my kid...the one who I apparently have no control over!  I quickly apologized and said, although I'm sure it's against hotel policy, I would be unplugging our phone for the duration of our trip;)  Apparently, in the age of cell phones, a land-line telephone with a cord, is quite the novelty!




No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan