Slider

Halloween

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Since Halloween fell on a Thursday, Hailey had the day "at home" from school (she was homeschooled on Thursdays).  The kids were sure to remind me that we just "had to have" pumpkin pancakes for breakfast.  It makes me feel good when they ask for things/traditions we did the year before because it shows me that we are building our own traditions for them:)  I really and truly wish for my kiddos to live a "magical" childhood, so I love it when they associate little things, like "pumpkin pancakes" with our Halloween:)

After breakfast, we ventured to Pumpkin City (nothing like waiting until the very last minute).  No joke, every time we drove past it on the freeway for the month it was open, I was asked when we were going.  Aside from the fact it was HOT (hello, 9 months pregnant), we had a ball!  Well, that is until Hailey rode the swings that made her feel sick for a good duration of the afternoon:/  Poor kid, has my sense of equilibrium.

The plan was to go to lunch, but we instead picked up Submarina and came home to chill (literally) for the afternoon.

That evening we headed to Gaga and Grandpa's for dinner and trick-or-treating, of course!  We all love the tradition of trick-or-treating with our cousins and wouldn't have it any other way!  I can't think of a Halloween since Rachel was born that we weren't all together:)

I can't even tell you how EXCITED I was when both kids wanted to be monsters from Monster's Inc.  Something about coordinating costumes just gets me all excited and I guess, I always figured with having a boy and a girl, who are into two different things/ages, the chance of them ever dressing up together would be um, slim!  Oh, and let's face it, Hailey is a girl who know exactly what she wants when it comes to fashion...in fact, I believe the "selling point" to her costume was the "shoe covers."  Girlfriend, doesn't have time to ruin a costume with boring shoes;)

Such a fun, fun day!







No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan