Slider

More Birthday Fun...

Friday, January 22, 2016

On Michael's actual birthday, Justin and Grandpa Mike took Hailey and Michael to an Angel's game.  As much as I like to "hog" my kids on their birthdays, I knew what a once-in-a-lifetime experience this would be for all parties involved and decided to loosen the reigns and hang back at home with Granty.  It was sort of one of those "full circle" moments in life...you see, the night Michael was born, we had written his name on a baseball, tucked it next to him and handed him off to my dad for him to find out his first grandson was named after him!  I'm not sure anyone who was in that room that night will forget that moment, as it was a pretty proud and emotional moment for us all.  I loved that our little bud (who is a baseball fanatic) was able to meet some of his "baseball hero's" on his fifth birthday.  Goodness, between all the parties and baseball games, I'm not sure how I'll ever top this birthday!?  Michael, my sweet boy, you're worth it...so, so worth it!
Wearing Collin Cowgill's hat!!  He also autographed Michael's baseball...I guess this is just one of the perks of being a cute fan;)  

Scored!!!

A night Grandpa will NEVER forget...much like this EXACT night, five years ago;)  It was five years ago tonight that he learned there was now another Michael to carry on his namesake (still makes me tear up when I go back to that night!!!)

I mean!!!  This kid make my heart melt into a big puddle!

Proud Daddy with his boy...what a cool way to turn five!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan