Monday jumpin'
On Tuesday, Michael started Golf Camp at our country club, here in town. CUTEST. Thing. Ever.
First off, the club is gorgeous and second, there is something about seeing my little stud in golf attire that gives me allllll the heart eyes:) Three other buddies from school joined him and it made for a truly awesome week for them all! On this particular day, we all headed to lunch together. What more could a boy want...golf, pizza, ice cream and good friends:)
We could barely contain our excitement because our cousins were coming!!!! (Wednesday 6/28)
Patiently waiting
They made it!!! Rachel and Raegan traveled by themselves and did a perfect job!
First stop was lunch! A new spot opened up a few weeks ago and we jump at any chance to head down there! We dined at the Shake Shack and hit up the Sprinkles ATM across the street. Yep, you read that right, a cupcake ATM! We HAD to try it!!
It was a hit!
Since Raegan's birthday was the day before, we couldn't pass up the chance to celebrate with her! I made homemade lasagna for the bday girl and we had our own little party:)
Post-dinner/Pre-dessert walk to watch the sunset. LOVE me a Texas sunset!!!! The girls loved it, too! It was on this walk that they discovered the sound of cicadas coming from the trees;) Welcome to Texas, girls!
Our night wouldn't be complete without singing "Happy Birthday" to the bday girl. Cake for those of us who didn't partake in the Sprinkles ATM festivities;)
I mean!!!!!! #myboy
Friends...and a sweet group of friends, they are!
Side note: On this particular day, the second I see Michael at pick-up I ask him how his day was and he tells me, "Well, I broke my pitching wedge when I fell into the bunker." Umm, what??!? It was hard to not laugh, but how the heck did that happen?? Or maybe I don't want to know?? Either way, I didn't know golf could be so dangerous! Apparently, the boys were lining up around the bunker and one went down, creating a domino effect and Michael was at the end of the dominos and down he went into the bunker. I think somebody has some chores to do to pay off the broken club that I just received the bill for- HAHA! Kidding, just glad he wasn't hurt! Boys;)
Of course, the girls wanted to go to the mall, so we showed them our mall and I let the girls stick together and shop for a while, while I hung with the boys. (Yes, I got the short end of the stick on that deal-ha.)
After the mall, we met JP at our FAV bbq spot in town, Hard Eight. This place is divine!!!! It's pretty much a "must do" for all of our visitors in TX:) After dinner, Hailey insisted we show the girls the Nebraska Furniture Mart. You have to see this monstrosity in person to understand why she wanted to take them. We sent Grant home with JP and I took the other kiddos over there to explore.
Last day of golf camp. What a great week for my lil stud! He loved it so much, we signed him up for another week:)
After golf camp, the girls weren't quite ready to head out for an adventure, so we instead went out for treats at Bahama Bucks and then headed home to nap Grant. My kids love this place (even though they've only been twice) and wanted their cousins to try it.
Friday night:
Pizza...check
Game night...check
Girls Night Out at Ulta and Super Target...check, check!
To make an already fun evening even better, when we got home the girls had a movie night and JP and I headed to bed. Well, right as I was drifting off to sleep, a storm rolled in and wowee, it was a GOOD one! I went upstairs to check on the girls and make sure they weren't freaked (bc hello, we don't get these storms in CA) and as I walked up the back stairs, the girls were all huddled and giggling by the game room windows. They LOOOOVED it!!! I hung out up there a little while and then we all headed to bed, but wouldn't ya know that as soon as we all got to our rooms, the LOUDEST crash of thunder hit, soon to be followed with a power outage! Haha, poor Rachel was in brushing her teeth and said it went completely pitch-black! Thank goodness, for iPhone flashlights;) ;) This storm pretty much capped off a perfect week with the girls...we were all so excited they got to experience a true Texas storm!
Who would've thought it would be raining for a Fourth of July parade?? Luckily, it was actually a blessing bc it made for a really cool morning! The boys, JP and I headed down to our neighborhood parade for some entertainment. The boys loved catching candy and seeing friends and all the festive golf carts:) It was neat to have this a few days before the actual 4th, so we could actually partake in it (we were out of town on the 4th).
Around lunchtime, we headed over to McKinney Square (our FAV).
So cute to hear the girls' reactions to seeing this quaint piece of town:) Completely warmed my heart that they too, fell in love with it here.
Lunch at the BEST restaurant!!! Oh my gosh, we've walked by this place many 'a times, but never eaten here. We will be going back super-duper soon!! We both looked at each other and were like "UMMM, and WHY have we never eaten here before??????" Yay for finding another "go-to" spot!
BUTCHER BOARD for the win! Yummy food and adorable atmosphere...win-win
After lunch and some walking around and browsing through stores, we took the kids to the popsicle shop in town (Frios Pops). SOO many flavors to choose from!
While, I don't have any pics, later that night we headed back to down our neighborhood's 4th of July party for the best darn firework show! Wow, talk about well done!
Sunday morning, we were all off on a jet plane to CA.
Love, love, love my travel buddy! Thankful that he has truly mastered this traveling gig over the past year! Movie/Snack and then we snuggle and he naps:) He may be a crazy, lil man most of his waking hours, but I have to say, he's pretty much an angel on our plane rides...hallelujah!
How did we seat seven people on the plane??
First row: Rachel, Raegan, Hailey
Second row: Stranger-lady, JP, Michael
Third Row: LOUD-snoring-large dude, V, Grant
Bittersweet...one leg of our time together was over, but another was just beginning.
Oh, how my heart is beyond full from such a special week!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment