No, I haven't forgotten to post about our Easter; I just haven't gotten around to doing so! The past few weeks have been jam-packed, that I've hardly had time to catch my breath!
The three of us had a really nice Easter! We started our morning off with heading down to find Hailey's Easter basket, as well as find some eggs that the Easter bunny hid around the house! Fun, fun! I was expecting to have one rambunctious toddler in our room, early that morning, but instead we pretty much had to talk her into going downstairs to find her basket because she insisted that the darn bunny was still in our house...silly girl:) Once we assured her that he had skidaddled his way back to "bunnyland," she had quite a blast finding eggs and rumaging through her basket!
After that we were off to church! We attended a new church on Easter (The Bridge) and loved it! We were invited by some friends (thank you Lynnae and Chela) and thoroughly enjoyed the service! Perhaps, our most favorite part was that Hailey had a BLAST at Sunday School- yay!! She had her buddies, Ethan and Taelor in her class, so she felt right at home:) What a relief for Mom and Dad, I tell ya! The highlight of her day in Sunday School was the Easter Egg hunt! When we asked her about what she learned, she volunteered, "Jesus protects me from the Grinch!" I love how she puts two and two together:) Can't wait for her to have more positive experiences in Sunday School! She has been asking us daily to go back...I love the thirst from her spirit!!!
After lunch out, naps, and an earthquake (yikes!), we headed to my sister's for the rest of the evening! More egg hunts, yummy food and great company! Seriously, what a great day!
I think every year of my life that goes by, Easter becomes so much more of an emotional day for me. I cannot even begin to grasp the concept of what my Father has done for me, little ol' me! I was grateful to sneak in quite a bit of quiet time throughout that day to really focus and reflect on it. I am humbled.
No comments:
Post a Comment