Slider

Cabo

Sunday, March 11, 2012

We did it...we snuck away sans kiddos for an extended weekend in Cabo with JP's work crew!  The last time we went away was this very same trip, two years ago.  Needless to say, we were due for a little time together, just J and V...well, and about 45 other employees and their spouses, but you get the point...NO kids;)  A HUGE thank you to my MIL for volunteering to take care of our babies while we were away!  They had a blast while we were gone and Hailey even informed me today that she and Michael had "more fun" than Daddy and I had on our trip;)

We both LOVE sitting at the resort and staring past the infinity pool, straight out to the ocean (with a yummy drink in hand, of course!).  Thursday was pretty much spent traveling and catching up on a little rest.  The boys headed into town (no thanks, been there, done that at nearly seven months pregnant!) for a crazy evening!  A quiet dinner and a cozy bed called my name!  I don't know if I was just exhausted or what, but I had the BEST night's sleep!!  It was thrilling to wake up feeling completely rejuvenated and rested:)  Wish I could say the same for my husband, but that's what happens when you try to party like you're 21 again;)

Friday it was off to an 80min massage for me and golfing for Justin.  Tough life.  After my massage, was brunch, then lounging at the pool ALL DAY LONG!  Hello Heaven:)  Later that night, we all headed up to El Suite Presidente (aka the Presidential suite...remember I got C's in Spanish, back in HS) for a 2011 Recognition Dinner.  Then off to the lounge, where we continued the party.  After the insane hours and hard work that JP pours into his job, it is super endearing to see him get recognized...what can I say, I'm one SUPER proud wife!  He is truly blessed to work with an incredibly talented team!!  Not to mention, their wives all ROCK, too!!!! :)  The entire trip I was thinking how cool it was to have a group of guys that enjoy hanging together outside of work, but ALSO a group of wives that get along and have fun together, too!  Double bonus!!

Saturday, we enjoyed breakfast with our friends and then we did some more of the same...relaxing poolside.  Saturday night was another banquet, but this one was on a gorgeous terrace, overlooking the ocean.  Gotta love the views!  The men were off to Poker, while a few of us girls headed to the jacuzzi.  Um, great idea in theory, but we froze our tushes off because we could not figure out the heater in the darn thing!

Sunday, we headed to breakfast, then off to hunt for some souvenirs (we had a very specific request from Bug).  JP insisted on swimming in the ocean before we left, so we headed back down to the beach, where we are pretty certain he got stung by a jellyfish...anyone who knows me knows I'm sitting here typing this completely laughing out loud.  Yes, I'm mean like that. ;)  In my defense, he was not too phased by it and it became a joke amongst many of us for the rest of the day.  After one last drink by the pool, it was time to pack up and head home to our babies!!!

Until next time, Cabo!

A few minutes before we left

Vacation faces are ON!  Just think, this pic was taken as we were leaving our car, heading into the airport.  We must've really needed this vacay if it only took the drive to the airport for us to be this excited!  Okay, okay...actually we were pretending to be on our Honeymoon again, when we took this;)  We are such nerds.

Up and raring to go (insert sarcasm here)!  Ready for a day on the golf course, though!

Don't ask.  Remember the jacuzzi incident?  This was me bundling up and getting ready to high-tail it into the hotel!

Ahhhh......


Oh gosh, long story on this one.  The second we walked onto the beach, we were swarmed by all the vendors selling just about any crap you can imagine.  We were talking to one vendor, as another comes and plops this hat on JP and tells him how he "good" he looks in this hat.  Two seconds after me breaking the news to JP that he looks like a goofball in the hat, I turned around only to get nearly knocked out and strangled by some dumb doll, flying on a parachute (the beach vendors sell them).  Needless to say, we were quite. the. scene.  Hilarious.  We could not stop laughing and finally (nearly) gained composure as we walked back to our room to change into our suits, so we could head back to the beach for Justin to go get stung by a jelly fish.  Geez, I'm surprised we were even let on the plane, later that day, given all the bad luck we had!  And I didn't even tell you about the $100 we had stolen from our room!  




Justin being announced as top rep...for the 3rd year in a row!!  

Mr. Humble JP, being him cute self:)  

Saturday night


Carly and V!!  Good times!


V and her good friend, Moniza


1 comment:

  1. That was such a fun trip! I miss you guys already!! You look so beautiful and relaxed in all the pics...and a big WOO-HOO for Justin!! You most definitely should be a proud wife! xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan