Loved that girl from the day I laid eyes on her. She's lucky it was instant love on my part because she acted much too "tired" and preferred to turn her head and "sleep" in the back of her cage at the pet store...should have known then what a little stinker she could be! From the day we brought her home (which WILL go down as one of the happiest days of my childhood), she was "my baby." From dressing her up in bikinis, doll clothes and carrying her in a "frontpack" (aka a backpack) to being carted around the backyard in a wheel-barrel (ahem, I mean stoller), she was sure a good sport at letting me "baby" her! Two years later, we learned she had cataracts (yes, dogs get them, too!) and would need extensive surgery. Bless my parents' hearts for emptying what was I'm sure a hefty portion of savings to give Cham the care she needed. She spent a lifetime on eye drops and other eye meds, but it NEVER seemed to bother her. She always knew the "drill" when it came time for her drops...smart girl!
Years went on and that dog was with me in pretty much any major event that took place in my life...graduating Elementary School, Jr High, High School , college AND a teaching credential . She was there through my teenager years, snuggled on my lap after I'd been dumped by a boyfriend, hung out with me while I got ready for High School dances. Watched me get ready for numerous dance competitions. What can I say she was my true, little pal:)
She was there when I brought my hard-earned, first new car home. The day I got engaged. The day I got married. She watched my belly grow and eventually met my first-born babe...and my second-born babe:) She made my "very-timid-and-shy-around-dogs" little girl learn that dogs can be caring creatures. She endured the shrills and squeals that came from my son, in shear excitement of the sight of a dog:)
I'm thankful for the time I had with this little pup for just over TWENTY YEARS! Wow! God knew I needed her in my life for as long as possible and that He delivered!
Thanks for the endless kisses and memories, my little Cham! Heaven gained a sweet girl the day you went Home. In fact, the only thing that brought peace to me the day you went was thinking about how excited you must've been to have your eye-sight again...I can imagine you're now spending you days running around playing ball (you were a "fetch-fanatic!") like the good-ole days!
xoxo,
Sissy
May 11, 2012
Chamee's 20th Birthday and last time I held her



No comments:
Post a Comment