Over President's Day weekend, we broke out of our OC "bubble" and ventured down to San Diego for the day. What is it about only having to go less than 100 miles out of your normal "circle" to come home and feel completely revitalized?? Don't get me wrong, I feel INCREDIBLY blessed to live where I do, but I also know that the older I get, I crave breaks from this particular county.
Our morning started out with Starbucks and a quiet drive down to Coronado Island. Not sure which would have been a less intimidating route there...swimming through the channel or driving over that HIGH, long bridge?? I *may* have had to close my eyes and pray at one point.
The weather was to-die-for! We parked and roamed along the coast for a bit, before heading back into the little town to find the quaintest, little Italian place for lunch. We finished off our day with more walking and some yummy gelato...for the kids, of course;) ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment