Slider

V Turns 30!

Monday, July 29, 2013

Hard to believe that I finally turned the next decade and am THIRTY??  I mean, didn't I just turn 17 and fall in love with my true love!?  Flash forward 13 years, a high school graduation, a college degree, a teaching job, a wedding, purchasing a first home and then a couple more moves, two babies, another one on the way and here I am...at 30 years old:)

Bless Justin's heart because he had apparently put quite some thought into a birthday getaway for just the two of us, but when your youngest comes down with the never-ending stomach flu, three days before you're supposed to go out of town, you're forced to make the decision to cancel your plans.  That's life and our decision to stay home was a good one because every time we thought Michael had fought the flu...he was hit with another episode of getting pretty violently sick.  Poor little dude:(

Knowing this was a big milestone in the birthday department, he planned a day for me at the spa and a night out to Ruth's Chris, all for the following weekend.  My actual birthday was great, too!  My morning started with a date with Michael at our favorite bagel shop to share a bagel and get me one of my favorite cups of coffee (birthday cake flavored coffee, anyone??).  Then we headed down to the harbor, where the weather was gorgeous and I indulged in a run.  Ironically, the same spot in the harbor where I stood and prayed and PRAYED when we were in the months of trying to conceive Michael (found out I was pregnant with him a week later after that) was where I had yet another "God moment" that morning and stood and poured my heart out to God about sending me a sign about whether or not we were supposed to have another baby...I was actually pregnant and had just yet to find out:)

After picking Hailey up from school, we dined at the Spectrum and walked around a bit.  After my dad got off from work, we picked up Starbucks and came over to chat and spend the afternoon with us.  So sweet of him!  Later, Justin brought home Sprinkles and another "little" treat for me...a beautiful handbag!  The day ended with picking up dinner from a local restaurant and company from our dear friends, the "Fluffies!"

It was truly a memorable and fun-packed day!  Not sure how my thirties can ever top my twenties, but hey, I'm sure ready to let them try!!
Photography, courtesy of Miss Bug! 

Feeling VERY re-charged after coming back from the spa and now, off to Ruth's Chris...Justin thought he was the one with the surprises for me, but little did he know the surprise that I was going to hand him at dinner:) Hint, hint..."lucky #3!" 


Family celebration on St. Patrick's Day...notice the green drinks.  The kids thought these were the greatest! 


Darling Rachel, who thought that Auntie's cake needed carrots with happy faces, so she made a happy face on each one out of sprinkles:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan