Slider

Christmas

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

We had such a wonderful Christmas season, this year!  The kids were SO into it and Justin and I absolutely LOVED hearing all about their understanding of the real meaning of Christmas!  We are both eternally grateful that they go to a school where the story of Christmas was talked about EVERYDAY; we will never take this aspect of their education for granted and are utterly thankful that what we teach at home gets supported at school, too!  We are blessed!

We put our lights up Thanksgiving weekend and Hailey informed us that it is her favorite day of the year:)  What?!  I stopped and meditated on why and came to the conclusion that it's because the kids LOVE roaming inside and outside, while JP is out doing lights and I'm bringing the decorations into the house.  We're all in an excited mood and Christmas is officially "in the air!"  I love that she looks forward to this all year!

Hailey participated in her school's Christmas musical, The Loaned Manger and Michael's class led Chapel and put on the MOST darling performance, as well.  He practiced his lines OVER and OVER; go Bud!  Anyone who's had a child that has struggled with speech knows the nerves I had about him going on stage and speaking CLEARLY.  He's come such a LONG way with his speech and yes, my eyes were filled with tears as I listened to his tiny voice say his lines.  Bless that boy!

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves and tell the rest of the story of our Decemeber:)  It was GOOD one!  Filled to the brim with the people we love most and most importantly, celebrating a little babe that came to save us!!  Happy Birthday, Jesus!

PAL!!!!  Oh boy, he sure had some FUN and sneaky tricks up his sleeve, this year:)

This one was SOOO ecstatic to be able to do his own "Christmas shopping" via the "store" at school:)  It was absolutely hysterical and adorable to see what he picked for everyone!!


Our sweet neighbors invited us up to their house for gingerbread house making!
We had a blast!

Sweetest girls!!


JP's company Christmas party...Maestro's South Coast



El Nino;)



Giving Sis a "thumbs-up" from the audience.  I die.

Such a proud brother!


Finally found a restaurant louder than him...Farrell's

Cozy in bed on a Friday night...anyone recognize this movie?? 


This pic holds so much fabulous-ness, it doesn't even need a caption;)


Glorious, glorious December weather.  Only in Cali!


I *may* have cried when I opened my gift (his handprints in ceramic) and read the poem that went with it.
SO special to have Grandpa come to Chapel!

Leaving Chapel

Some pretty excited kiddos, getting ready to head down the street for our neighborhood's annual "Christmas Light Walk." We LOVE this tradition!!  Santa, cookie decorating and treats left out by neighbors on their driveways:)





The kids and I baked allll morning on Christmas Eve.  Cookies for Santa, comin' up!

We LOVE that Gaga and Grandpa now join us for our fun tradtion!!



Christmas Eve at The Ritz


Our "fa-ra-ra-ra" Christmas Eve tradition;)




Just a snippet of the dessert side of Gaga's DELICIOUS brunch!!  Never disappoints, I tell ya!

The aftermath...ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan