Slider

Easter 2016

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

I think I'm still on a "high" from celebrating the Resurrection of our Savior!  I find myself becoming more and more emotional every Easter season.  First, it was after I became a mother and started to grasp a glimpse of what I think Christ's love for us must be like, then I had a SON and I experienced the "mother-son" bond and all I could think of was the horror that Mary must've gone through watching her son be persecuted and put to death (hard to even try to grasp even the smallest ounce of this pain), and now I am hearing Hailey and Michael's understanding of Easter and I am thankful BEYOND WORDS.  Their depth of understanding truly has blown our minds.  What impressed me this year was that the mention of the "Easter Bunny" or "egg hunts" or "Easter baskets" never really even came up until I took the kids to the mall Thursday afternoon to see the Bunny.  Even that was just for fun and I really could see that he carried really no weight with this holiday, in their eyes.  I ordered Michael a book called The Best Easter Egg Hunt Ever and when I went to read it to him, before I could even open the book, he proceeded to say, "Well, that's a silly book.  Easter isn't about eggs, it's about Jesus."  Thank you, Lord; he gets it.  Wednesday night before Easter, Hailey was telling us about Jesus' Last Supper and that night she woke up from a nightmare about dying.  The weight of Jesus' death sat heavily on her heart and as I sat there, rubbing her back to help her fall back asleep, all I could feel was gratitude.  Gratitude, that she knows the HEAVY burden her Savior carried for her.  My prayer is that Granty will too, grow up learning about the real meaning of Easter.  It's safe to say how thankful we are for the kids' school and their teachers because they fed our kids with an abundance of knowledge leading up to Easter.

On Easter, Justin took the big kids to church in the morning.  I was SO sad I didn't make it, but I was preparing to have our families over.  Do to the fact, we had family coming in from different So Cal locations, we had our get together earlier in the day, so someone needed to be home preparing.  

Celebrating our Savior and spending the day with our families made for one awesome day!











SOOOO much food!



The King Grandkids...all eight of them in a pic!  Such a miracle:)


Blessed.  So blessed.







This might be one of my favorite pics, to date.  My sweet, sweet Gigi and Poppy.  



My world in a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan