Slider

20 Down, 20 To Go...

Friday, January 22, 2010

Yesterday, marked the "half-way" point of this pregnancy! (I had a tough time deciding if I should end that sentence with a "!" or a "?"...you know what I mean?) ;)

On Tuesday, we had an ultrasound to check the baby from head to toe, and make sure he's developing properly. Well, I think it'd be safe to say that he is indeed growing properly because he's one BIG baby!!! Oh, great;) Although, his weight was in the normal range, every other part on his body measured about one week ahead of my due-date. And yes, the due-date is on-the-dot correct! Although, for comparison: Hailey measured 8oz on her ultrasound and this kid measured 13oz! After my pregnancy with Hailey, I was used to having a kid who measured a week and a half to two weeks behind (and that was even after having my due-date pushed back 11days!), but I can throw that out the window, now! My doctor will re-check his size in a couple months. I'll go back in two more weeks to check the fluid levels in his kidneys; they were a little high, but both the tech and my doctor assured me NOT to worry. So, until then, I won't. :) In other words, no crazy internet searches or Googling, etc!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that my baby is quite the little mover and shaker:) I've been feeling him for many weeks, now, but keep saying how crazy-active he is. No really, CRAZY, NON-STOP, active for loooooooonnnnnnnng periods of time!!! Well, during the ultrasound, the tech commented on how he's definitely a "chart topper" when it comes to his activity level. Basically, she looked at Justin and I and said, "Good luck, guys!" ;) I'm still holding out hope for a mellow-tempered little one! Surely, he's just in there practicing his golf swing or something! (and NO, I will not be referring to him as the "next Tiger Woods," thank you very much!) ;)

Other than that, things are going well. I feel as though, I'm finally to the point of starting to enjoy this pregnancy a bit more (not that I haven't enjoyed it, it's just SO different the second time around; there are many hours of the day I actually forget there's a baby in there!). Of course, there's NOT been one day (sick or not sick) that I haven't counted the immense blessing that we prayed for quite some time would join our family, but between feeling SO sick in the beginning and chasing around an active toddler...it's been a bit of a different journey, this time:)

My morning sickness is gone (for about four weeks, now) and although, I still have my evenings where I just don't feel "great," I can deal with it compared to how I felt for almost 16weeks! Last week, I was surprised to find out that I was measuring the same diameter around my tummy as I did with Hailey at 27weeks! Holy moly- was that a shocker! Either A.) I was pretty small with her OR B.) I'm huge this time around;) ;) I'm going with "A."

As for Hailey, she is in LOVE with my stomach and constantly pulling up my shirt to kiss baby brother or tell him good night or waiting to feel the next karate chop, I mean, kick. My favorite part of the day is when I'm putting her to bed and when we say her prayers, it goes something like this: "....and thank you, Jesus, for my baby brother. Please help him grow big and strong, but NOT TOO big. Amen!" How sweet of her to be concerned for me...hehe;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan