Last night, Hailey had her first night away from home without Mom or Dad! In preparation for Justin and I's upcoming trip to Cabo (as long as my body and "wombmate" cooperates), as well as when Baby P. arrives, we figured it'd be smart for Hailey to do a "trial run" of sleeping somewhere other than in her own bed. So, thanks to my parents for being our guinea pigs and testing out the un-charted waters with us;) I am happy to report that is was a success!!!!!
Of course, that meant my good ole' dad was shuffled down to sleep in my old bedroom, while Hailey took up temporary residency in "Gaga's big cozy bed!" I have to admit that it was a little sad not having her down the hall, last night. I can't tell you how many times I almost walked in her room to check on her "just one more time." I kept waiting for her to come jump on our bed, this morning and tell us she wants to "nuggle" us. Then, as I layed in bed, I realized why it felt so weird...because the last time I woke up in my own house without a child in it was on December 21st, 2006! Bizaar feeling, I tell ya'!
Anyway, now that she's gotten used to sleeping like a queen in "Gaga's big cozy bed"...Gaga and Papa better get ready for Hurricane Hailey to be a' comin' their way with her overnight bag in tow;)
Thanks again, Mom and Dad!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment