I hate to be a downer, but I have to get something off my chest. I'm a tad bit disgusted, right now. Let me explain...
Last Saturday, we ventured up to South Coast Plaza and ended our day with a trip to the Nordstrom Rack. I should've known the trip was going to end poorly from the second I walked in the door. Ever get a bad vibe when you walk in a store? I'll just say the store was p-a-c-k-e-d with lots of 'random' people. I thought it was just my claustrophobic, germaphobic tendencies kicking in, but I decided to conquer the store, nonetheless. Justin and Hailey went in one direction, while me and Boy went in another. Okay, I'm probably making this story longer than it needs to be, so I'll cut to the chase. Five minutes after leaving the dressing and realizing he forgot his sunglasses in there, Justin ran back to grab them and you guessed, they were stolen. Seriously, in less than five minutes the things were toast:( Yes, we checked the lost and found, left our number, checked the entire dressing room twice. Gone. Pathetic people out there, I tell ya.
Yep, basically the $40 shirt J bought while there, quickly turned into a $200shirt. Bummer.
Alright, onto my second (and final) gripe. Took my car to get washed on Friday. Again not a huge fan of this particular carwash, but the one by our house was packed and I didn't want to wait any longer to get my car washed. Get home and the next morning find a HUGE dent on the lower side of my passenger door. Seriously?? The thing that ticks me off even more was that the carwasher-man (I know I spent five years of my life in college to come up with brilliant terms like "carwasher-man"), INSISTED on holding my back passenger door open while I loaded up the kids. I never like to accuse and believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, but it's now blatantly obvious he was hiding the dent. Boo-hoo for dishonesty:( I feel like going back and ripping my nice tip (because I always admire how much the guys at the carwash hustle) out of his hand and telling him I'll need the money to put towards having the dent in my door removed! Again, the $20 carwash is going to probably cost a couple hundred more, by the time I have the dent removed. Perfect;)
Honestly, the thing that makes me the most upset over both these situations is the lack of honesty that were involved in both situations. We work hard to take pride and good care of what we earn/own and when people steal or damage it, it feels extremely violating. I know there are many, many good and honest people out there, but unfortunately, we've just run into a few duds, lately.
Ah, the vent felt nice:) Now, back to more happy posts!
No comments:
Post a Comment