Slider

Notice Anything Wrong With This Picture???

Monday, October 25, 2010

Well, if you did, you are certainly smarter than I am!! Oh, and if you didn't, welcome to the club of morons! Today, I earned myself title as "President" of that club. ;) The answer to the title of this post would be that I dressed my MALE child as a FEMALE kangaroo and to make matters worse, had NOOOOO idea!

Basically, I ventured out to Babies R Us just hoping and praying that they still had the kangaroo costume left. Well, as you can see they did (just one in his size) and I snatched that puppy up quicker than you could imagine. First thing Hailey and I do when we get home is put it on him, giggle up a storm and whip out the camera!! Naturally, he starts laughing, too, which really made me think he loved his kangaroo costume. (Now, I know he was just laughing at what an idiot his Mama is!)

Fast forward a few hours and the Mr. gets home. I started telling Justin about his costume and how I even wanted to buy a little neck-tie for it, so Michael could be a "Daddy Kangaroo." Since, I didn't think he could visualize the "cuteness," Hailey and I scurried to put Michael back in his costume, he of course began giggling up a storm again and we brought him in for Justin to see. Justin started rolling in laughter and I'm thinking I really hit a home-run with this costume. When the man finally comes up for air, he asked me if I realize that MALE kangaroos do NOT have pouches? What the heck? Talk about bursting my bubble...hmph!

To add insult to injury, he had to Google it to prove his point. So, yes, for the record...a pouch is part of a doe's (female kangaroo) reproductive system!!!!!!!!!

I may never live this down.

And so the laughing begins..........................................well, at least until Hailey discovers that we really do have to return the costume. When we broke the news to her, she was less than happy.






3 comments:

  1. poor baby........he looks to cute to return it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh but he looks so cute! He will never know, until he reads this post years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pouch or no pouch, I love it!!! He's a doll Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan