Hailey and I tried out a new sugar cookie recipe and I must say, it did NOT disappoint!! Those puppies were divine, I might say! Hailey's snack day for school was the last day before break, so naturally it had to be something a little more "fun" and creative! So, the night before having eight little girls over for her birthday party and in the middle of preparing her teacher gift and class gifts, there I was after a 10pm trip to the store...assembling 21 snowmen and reindeer donuts! I have to say, I've looked forward to the priviledge of doing these little "mommy things" for a very long time! :)
The next week in December we had my nieces staying with us due to their entire house flooding (for a SECOND time) in three months; a VERY long and SAD story! I wish they were with us under different circumstances, but I have to say we loved having them here for a four-night slumber party.
Finally, we began our three-day start of celebrating Christmas with our families. Friday the 23rd we had Christmas with Justin's dad's side. We met at a restaurant and had fun eating, chatting and exchanging gifts!
Next up, was Christmas Eve at our house. J's mom's side came over for brunch. It was the perfect morning of being together and chatting up a storm! We love spending time with our neice, Karis and can't wait for next year when we have another little nephew cruising around with the kids!
Christmas Eve night was spend at our dear friends' house and then home to let the kids get ready for Santa! Exciting times!!! Oh, and then it was Mom and Dad's turn to get the house in order for Santa's arrival;) ;) Every year I seem to forget how much work goes into getting the house "just right" for when the kiddos wake up on Christmas morning! It's probably my favorite night of the year!! Whew- busy day and we both went to bed EXHAUSTED!!
Christmas Day...well, I'm a bad mom and have no pics of Christmas:( Shame on me, I know! The kids had a perfect day opening gifts, celebrating Christ's birth and playing with their cousins.
No comments:
Post a Comment