Slider

Summer: Week 6

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Week six of summer started off kinda crazy.  Sunday night, Grant was up with a major ear ache:(  Needless to say, we ended up at Urgent Care, first thing on Monday morning.  He ended up having an ear infection (boo).  Horrible timing with trying to fly home the next day!  
Gaga to the rescue...breakfast al fresco!

Yes, we are now in the "I have to look like a goof in every picture" stage.  Yay (insert eye roll).

We traveled home on Tuesday and by Wednesday we were back to meeting up with friends:)  JP started his new job this day, too!  Whew, busy-busy!  We are SO excited for him and his new incredible opportunity!  He's truly one of the hardest, most ambitious people I know and I know he's going to hit the ground running!   


A new Jason's Deli opened by our house-yay!  I love their spinach wrap and the kids love their food too, but I really think they come just for the ice cream:)

Haircut day!  Why yes, of course Grant wanted RED spikes!  Michael wanted them too and then saw Grant's and told his stylist, "Nah, nevermind.  That's too creepy for me."  I was dying!  Not surprised my "sweet" boy didn't want any ounce of creepy on him!

It was BIG day in our house...the brand new (and MASSIVE) grocery store opened just outside our neighborhood (insert alllll the happy dances here!!!!).  With the risk of sounding dramatic, this is a game-changer for me!  To have a brand new, again HUGE store at the front of my neighborhood, is just downright glorious!  I can now run out and be at the store for that one or two random ingredients I need within two minutes of leaving my house...yes, the angels are rejoicing with me too!  Since, we are in a brand-new area, we've waited for these "promised" stores/gas stations/restaurants to start opening and finally begin to reap the benefits of being patient...it's exciting!  As you can see, I let the kids celebrate by picking out the most unhealthy lunch possible (yes, I was cringing).  


After we checked out the new Kroger, we headed to the little gem that's only 12-15 min from our house!  I had heard about how great this place was and needed to go try it out for myself.  Holy smokes, it was AWESOME!  SO easy to park, beautiful (newish) facilities/bathrooms/showers/snack bar/etc.  Very well planned out spot for families!  The kids and I had so much fun, swimming, building sand creatures and splashing around in the lake.  We will definitely be back!  


While we were in CA, my mom and I ventured to one of my favorite stores for silk plants and random home finds, good 'ol Shinoda!  I was on a hunt to find plants to fill this massive planter in my room.  Shinoda has THE best quality and selection for silk plants you've hands down, ever seen.  So, I filled up my cart and thanks to my mom's impressive packing skills, these babies all traveled home with me in one piece!  I spent Saturday morning arranging some of my beauties:)  Since, we haven't really done anything to our room yet (hello, lack of furniture, paint and decor), this simple planter makes me so happy:)  I even had some extra plants left over to create another arrangement elsewhere in the house.

So thankful these ninjas did not attack me while I was working on my arrangement;)  Ha!  Boys...

We went out for treats on Saturday night and stopped a this fun park in the neighborhood across the street from ours on the way home.


Oh, Texas sunsets...you get me every. darn. time.  At the risk of sounding cheesy (not that I care, though), I feel like these sunsets have a weird way of "connecting" us to our family on the west coast.  I always think how they're going to see the same sunset we just saw two hours prior...just 1,203 miles away and for some strange reason, it just gives me comfort:)    

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan