Oh, Week Seven! You were kind of a bust, a doozy and downer...whatever you wanna call it. You were the week where all three kids fell victim to some virus (which carried into Week Eight with two very sick parents!). Aside from spending LOTS of time at home during this week, we still managed to do our best to get creative with some fun activities:) As I always say, "It could've been worse!" :)
Sunday and Monday, Grant was down.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Michael was down.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and some of Sunday, Hailey was down.
Do you notice the pattern of each person it hit, the length increased?? More on that next week when it hit JP and I! ;)
Knowing we were housebound and trying to keep the two healthy ones in the house entertained, I rented Beauty and the Beast from our cable company. The original version is one of my favorites (from my own childhood) and to sit and watch the new one with my own daughter just kinda of made everything come full circle:) It was at this point in the movie where the Beast and Belle finally fell in love and the song "Tale as Old as Time" came on, where I looked over at my OWN little girl and *may* have become a tad emotional. She was completely enamored with the movie and I found myself watching her watch this part of the movie, instead of watching the actual movie, myself;)
Fever, icky throat, achy...POOR baby!! :( I HATE when they're sick.
Clean kitchen at night...my favorite!
"I can do it!" Looks like somebody is feeling better!
I was watching this take place from our Master Bedroom and couldn't help, but laugh! Someone was having a "moment." He must not take constructive "coaching" well;) Ha!
Snuggles. Look at him, all curled up on my lap!!!! I NEVER want to forget these moments (and thanks to usually having an iPhone close by, hopefully I won't!)
I think we had half of a day where everyone was feeling semi-normal, so we escaped for some vitamin d and swimming. It was short-lived, as this is the evening where Hailey began to feel "off."
Little by little, this house is becoming home. I'm doing my best to be very intentional about each piece we buy for this house, as we pretty much started from SCRATCH in the furnishing department. I've been searching and searching for something to go in this space in our foyer. I FINALLY found the perfect table! I'll have to post an updated picture of what it looks like all decorated. Now, to get pictures printed for those frames in the hallway that have been empty since ummm, February;)
Evening walk/bike ride to get out of the house! He rode the entire way on this particular night! Up until now, his bike rides have usually involved some sort of JP or myself assisting/carrying/towing the bike half of the way! Things are looking up, people!
Summer studying!
This was what Friday evening after a LONNNNNGGGGG week of caring for sick kids, being housebound and having a husband who's at his first full week at a new job looked like. I knew I desperately needed a few minutes of a "time out," so I retreated to the office and hid.
Saturday morning swim for the kiddos and Daddy and a great workout/run for Mama:)
Saturday evening we went down the road to grab dinner and then drove out to Trader Joe's to stock up. This was a few minutes after Grant tripped and busted his lip and tongue. #whyyyyyy
Sunday afternoon, Michael and I ran out to do some errands and we picked up a little craft for the kids. This kept them busy for quite some time and every time I walked past them, it made my heart swell. They were having the BEST time together, just sitting there, working on their craft, laughing, joking and being silly together.
Step 2: First round of decor. It already looks completely different-ha! Step Three pic is coming soon;)
I was always under the impression that you had to be at the beach to watch the most gorgeous sunset. Boy, was I WRONG! I know this is going to sound dumb, but something about the sky out here is just HUGE and it allows for the most breath-taking sunsets. This picture doesn't do this one justice, but it was a good one:) I always look up and think "God, you are so awesome!" I mean, let's face it, these pieces of art are NO accident:)
That's all for Week Seven!



No comments:
Post a Comment