
Tonight, as I was going to check on Hailey one last time before bed, I knelt down by her bed to prayer over her. It was a bit of a challenging day with her and one of those days that I seriously felt like I had "failed." Yep, failed. As in, if I were given a letter grade (always thinkin' in teacher style), I'd probably get a big fat "D." I say failed because I don't think the "challenging" day came completely from her...most of it came from MY lack of patience and frustration. Now don't get me wrong we had many, many good parts to our day (i.e. sitting in the park eating frozen yogurt together= good time together), but maybe it was just me that felt "off."
Any-who...as I prayed over her, I completely started to tear up. There I go again...this little one does this to me so often:) Aww, the things no one tells you before the journey of motherhood...like what a big pile of emotion you'll become:) As I finished praying and asking for a fresh start, tomorrow, she gave my hand tiny little squeeze and whispered, "Mommy, you're okay...I love you." Yeah, the flood gates of tears pretty much let loose at that point;) Talk about speedy delivery to my prayer...I didn't know God would be up this late on a Friday;)
Thank you Lord for cleaning my heart and mind.
Thank you for your grace.
Totally went through the same thing this week- I spoke to GOD more than once that day! Call me if you ever need to vent, you are not alone! xo
ReplyDeleteThat almost made me cry! You're a great mommy.
ReplyDeleteNessa...I love your blog and check it out several times a week. You always write the most heart felt and touching things...this entry is beautiful. Hailey is one lucky little girl. Love, Suzie
ReplyDeleteThat is soooo sweet. Love reading your words!
ReplyDelete