Slider

St. George Marathon

Sunday, October 4, 2009

This past weekend, my dad ran in the St. George Marathon. Justin had a trip to Vegas planned with the guys in his family, so, of course, Hailey and I took the opportunity to go cheer my dad on! The Meadors came with us, too!

We drove to Vegas, dropped Justin off and then Hailey and I proceeded on to St. George, Utah. Between, my parents, the Meadors and I, we were able to get all four of our rooms at the end of the hall and next to/across from one another. We had our own little "party cove" and needless to say, the girls (okay, we all) had so much fun going back and forth between our rooms:)

Saturday morning, we headed up to the finish line and waited for Dad to come 'coasting' in:) With four little granddaughters...he may have qualified for having the 'most spirited' cheering squad;) It was neat to actually have a spot on the fence, right at the finish line. Talk about feeling inspired! I think I may have had permanent goosebumps for the hour or so that we stood there. We saw people who were giving it just about everything they had left to give, just to cross the finish line due to injuries/exhaustion, some were even being held up by emergency techs. And possibly, the one that left the most tears running down my face...a young (very young) boy who was obviously stricken by cancer and who had one amputated leg still in a bandage, being pushed to the finish line in a wheel-chair, by his father! I still tear up when I revisit that image in my mind. It also reminds me to pray for that boy and his family.

...and then the moment came that my very own dad crossed the finish line at only 4hrs. and 4mins!!!!!!!! Despite, some agonizing trouble with his calves, starting at around mile 16, I'm amazed (yet, not surprised) he made it to the finish line! Yep, I am a very proud daughter!!!! I know the countless hours and dedication that my dad puts into his training and it makes me really proud:) Oh, and of course, his training might not be so successful, if it weren't for his "manager"...my mom:) She is sure a wonderful supporter of his dreams, as well!

After a morning at the marathon, we all grabbed lunch at the infamous Cafe Rio! Do you all know how LONG I've waited to try this place??? I've heard SO much about it and was almost nervous to try it, in fear of disappointment;) Wow- it did NOT disappoint at all!!! I'm ECSTATIC because one is opening about 10minutes away from home! Hello, my new favorite restaurant, hello!!!!!

Basically, that was our weekend in a nutshell! We had FUN, we at lots of yummy FOOD and most importantly, we were Dad's biggest FANS!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan