The past two days has made me realize something...I just might have a slight addiction to sugar?? Seriously, no joke. Not the type of addiction where I need large amounts of it, but the type of just needing a "taste" of it at certain points throughout my day. You know, a cookie after lunch or a piece of chocolate for dessert.
Where am I going with this you ask? Well, I'm trying to "detox" from ALL sugary foods for three days, in preparation for a glucose screening test I need to take on Saturday. Clearly when I failed this test when I was pregnant with Hailey, I either A.) failed to read this directions and "detox" from sugar beforehand OR B.) I just had back luck. Knowing what happens if I fail again (taking a three hour glucose test where your blood is drawn four times over three hours) is not really on my list of ways I want to spend my day, I'm doing everything I can to "pass" this screening. Oh, and especially because the lab literally holds you hostage for three hours and who really wants to sit in a lab where people with who-knows-what are circulating for three hours? Not germ-a-phob, me. Gross, I'll pass, please! I swear, I'm more nervous of failing this than I ever was of failing a mid-term or final in college.
As luck would have it, the first almost five months of this pregnancy I was repulsed by sugar and now, I'm an addict? Not fair. Woe is me;)
No comments:
Post a Comment