Well, I'm on week three of my pretty strict diet and I'm happy to report that it's going well! In fact, when I met with my dietitian yesterday, she informed me that my sugars have been a little low and I probably need to even be eating a few more carbs, than I am...yeah, for that!
Needless to say, over the past three weeks, I've been experimenting with "modifying" some of my favorite foods (i.e. "pizza"). Here is my latest "creation" and I have to say, it's DELISH! Justin was thoroughly impressed with this dish, too and gave it five stars:)
Needless to say, over the past three weeks, I've been experimenting with "modifying" some of my favorite foods (i.e. "pizza"). Here is my latest "creation" and I have to say, it's DELISH! Justin was thoroughly impressed with this dish, too and gave it five stars:)
V's Veggie "Pizza"
2 small flour tortillas (whole wheat or regular)
Mozzarella Cheese
2T Marinara Sauce (I have to carefully portion the sauce b/c bottled sauce is known to spike one's glucose)
Fresh Spinach
1 leaf Fresh, chopped Basil
Chopped Tomato
4 sliced olives
3 slice Crimini Mushrooms
Dash of Italian Seasoning
Dash of Garlic Salt (for a little extra "flav-a" on those veggies)
First I lightly spray (using Pam or other non-stick cooking spray) in one side of each tortilla. Next, basically make a "quesadilla" out of the cheese (a little cheese works just great) and tortillas, and sprinkle some Italian Seasoning inside. Grill on an indoor grill/griddle, until crispy.
Next, pile on the goodies (I sprinkle a tiny bit of Garlic Salt on top of my veggies) and finish with a little bit more cheese and Italian Seasoning. Bake at 400degrees for about 10min.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment