Slider

Cabo!!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010


Banquet on the terrace



The Hilton, Los Cabos


Our ocean-front jr. suite



Yep, you read that correctly...J's hard, hard work and devotion made him the company's TOP ACCT. MANAGER of the...are you ready for this....YEAR!!!! I actually get a little choked up every time I see this pic, knowing all the blood, sweat and tears that went into achieving this! You go, J-man!


"Team California" accepting their "Top Team" recognition!!! You guys are on fire!!!


FNCC'S Top Account Manager for the 4th Quarter!!!!!!! Smokin'!
Keith (FNCC's president) and Justin




Our little friend


Admiring the beautiful Sea of Cortez

Friday morning after breakfast

Wish I had the longer lens for my camera because that's a whale right out in front of our hotel! Saturday, one of the whales gave birth right out in front and was swimming around with her little babe:) Aww, so cute!

THE TRIP:

And now, onto the trip...(sorry, for the lengthy post, it's more for our memories, but feel free to read.)


Ah, where do I begin!? I'll start by saying our time away was in a word: PERFECT!!!! From start to finish, we had the absolute best time! We, of course, missed our little sidekick like crazy, but really soaked up and cherished spending time together; just the two of us! We kept saying how we felt like we were almost re-living our honeymoon.


A HUGE, HUGE "thank you" to my parents (and sister) who so generously took Bug under their wing for the entire weekend! Really, we would not have been able to go, had they not watched her. So again, THANK YOU for taking the best care of our Bug!!!!! Hailey had so much fun that when we called on our way to pick her up, she was not to fond of the idea of us coming home;) Luckily, the presents we brought home with us persuaded her to come home with us!


Thursday:

Kissed our Bug "goodbye" and headed to LAX. After a quick flight and only a bit of a rough landing (good times), we landed in Cabo. Somehow, Justin and I had the worst luck in Customs and got majorly separated from the rest of the group. We got stuck in the back and I mean BACK of a huge line, only to frantically rush to find the rest of our group who was graciously waiting aboard our bus. Needless to say, the Piot's finally showed up "fashionably late" and we were finally on our way to the Hilton.

The rest of Thursday was spent by the pool and relaxing. That night, we ventured into downtown Cabo for an adventure! Oh, and what an adventure that was! We had a nice dinner with another couple and then met up with the rest of the group at crazy ol' Squid Row. I felt a little out of place walking around there (you know, six months pregnant and all), but had a blast "people watching." Oh, and just when I thought the night couldn't get any crazier... the taxi ride home topped it in a heartbeat! No joke; we'll leave it at that;)


Friday:

Slept in, only to wake up to the sound of the waves crashing on the beach (no joke- it was amazing!). Had a buffet breakfast, that was to-die-for! This is where we both said we completely had flashbacks from our honeymoon: open-air breakfast buffet, sipping on fresh-squeezed juices and yummy coffee all while admiring the ocean view. Next, we explored the beach, took a dip in the Sea of Cortez and lounged by the pool for a bit and then we were off to the spa! For me: a prenatal massage, where thanks to the smartest invention ever, I was able to lay on my stomach!!!! Heavenly, for my achin' pregnant body:) For Justin: a deep-tissue massage. The rest of our afternoon was spent sipping on lava flows for me(virgin, of course) and a few cervezas for J, all while lounging by the pool and hanging out with friends. Life is good:)

Later that night, (after my daily jacuzzi bath), we attended FNCC's 2009 Recognition Dinner at the hotel's Presidential Suite. Oh, my heavens was this place HUGE! Absolutely stunning! After dinner, the company held their 2009 recognition awards. Knowing what a cut-throat, demanding industry he works in (not to mention during a crumbling economy), I could not have been more proud watching him receive some very honorable recognitions. We are so incredibly thankful that he works with such an incredible team, who without a doubt, were a crucial part of his success, this past year.


SATURDAY:

Justin was off to golf at Los Cabos golf resort with his buds, while I was off to another day of relaxation (surprise, surprise). Hey, I told myself that I might not get this chance to relax again for a very, very long while, so I vowed to 'live-it-up' and that's exactly what I did! Another breakfast buffet and lounging poolside made for a great morning. Believe it or not, I did not get bored of this;) Back to the spa I went for my "ice cream pedicure." Dreamy, just dreamy. More eating and lounging, followed by yet another jacuzzi bath. Ah, the life;)

Saturday night, we attended a banquet on a terrace, right above the ocean. The food, oh the yummy food!!! There were times on this trip I felt as if how it must feel to be on a cruise ship with lavish meals every time you turn around. A pregnant girl's dream come true! Of course, the "boys" ended the evening with cigars and a poker tournament, which ended long after I could stay awake! Justin "cleaned the table," and came away the champ of the evening.

SUNDAY:

One last breakfast buffet and some souvenir shopping for the Bugster and we were headed home!


We both feel incredibly blessed to have taken this trip! There were so many times during the trip that I'd look at Justin and tell him how I felt so un-worthy of such a lavish little get-away. I think it'd be safe to say that we both enjoyed every, single second of our time away. I know this a trip that we'll both remember for a very long time!







No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan