We did it...we finally bought Hailey her "princess bed" (aka: a twin size bed). We've been meaning to do this for a while, now, but kept procrastinating. I'm a firm believer in keeping your kid in a crib as long as possible, but with the baby on the way, she needs some time to "detach" from "her" crib and not feel like the little dude is taking over her space;)
Of course, Hailey took this "princess bed" business to a new level and insisted on being chauffered around Costco (where we purchased the bed), while lying on top of her mattress. I have to admit she did look like Queen B on her throne!
She insisted on sleeping in it the first night, but after tucking her in, she quickly looked at us and said, "Mmm, yeah...I think I'll sleep in my crib, tonight!" By the third night, we were successful and she slept 'snug as a bug in a rug,' the whole night through! I have to admit that it made me sad when I walked in her room to check on her and saw her empty crib, just sitting there. I had a hard time wrapping my head around how she could look so grown up, yet still like such a peanut in her big bed:)
Thank goodness for the baby on the way because I'm not too fond of my little baby turning into such a little lady!
No comments:
Post a Comment