Slider

"Mom of the Year Award"

Thursday, May 7, 2009

So, for all you moms out there…you know how motherhood comes with all sorts of guilt, questioning and second-guessing yourself all day long? Well, today my guilt pretty much topped the charts in the department of “mommy guilt.” What in the world did I do, you might ask?

FALL DOWN THE STAIRS WHILE CARRYING MY CHILD IN MY ARMS!!!! Yep, all the way to the tile, which happened to be waiting for me at the bottom! I really don’t even know how it happened, other than my foot completely slipped out from under me and since I was carrying Hailey on my left hip, I had nothing to grab onto (unless you count the few strands of carpet I tried to grab on my way down. Boy, were they NO help!) So, down we went…Mommy, Hailey and the half-eaten box of Wheat-Thins I was carrying. All I could think about was how to protect Hailey as best as I could without landing on top of her…so scary. As if I didn’t feel guilty enough about falling, Hailey ended up busting her mouth open and bruising her chin pretty well (on my shoulder). So there we are sitting on the tile, she’s bleeding, she’s crying, I’m in PAIN, and I’m crying! What a pair the two of us are;) Luckily, after telling the entire restaurant at lunch today that “Mommy fall down stairs with Hailey and Hailey go BOOM,” she appears to be on the mend (just when you think your pride is already crushed enough, right!). Needless to say, after a few pain meds, a good cry and a glass of wine later, I’m might be on my way, too. We’ll talk in the morning and see how I feel;)

1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan