I have to share the funniest little story with you! This morning, Hailey told me she wanted me to go upstairs. She took me by the hand and led me upstairs and into my bedroom. I figured she was wanting me to go upstairs and play with her, but I quickly learned she had something else in mind;)
So, after she led me into my room, she shuts the door and there I am, wondering what she's doing. I waited for a few seconds, figuring she'd open the door and pretend to "surprise" me. "Or maybe she's playing hide-and-seek," I thought. Nope! Of course, I was trying to be the "playful" Mama and play along, but it didn't take long for me to become side-track and forget that she locked me in my room, in the first place. There I am in the middle of making my bed when it dawned on me that she's been gone for a few minutes...uh, oh!!!
I checked in her room...she's not there! As I crept downstairs, I caught her red-handed!! Hailey-Houdini had "shimmied" the kitchen chair from the table into the kitchen, crawled on the counter and helped herself to a box of yogurt raisins! Talk about a "pre-meditated" plan, geesh!
It seems that I've spent an awful lot of time these days, figuring out how I'm being out-smarted by my two-year old! I sure better "wise up" before the teenage years hit (it gives me gray hairs just thinking about it!).
No comments:
Post a Comment