Thank you for being SO incredibly nice and understanding when I burst into tears at your register, today. I'm promise I'm not completely crazy, just somewhat crazy after dealing with a strong willed toddler all morning;) I apologize if your ears are still ringing from listening to the LOUD tantrum my child threw from across the store. I'm sorry she snapped a nice, loud "no" at you when you tried to take the cookies from her hand. I know you were just trying to do your job and ring them up. I was completely mortified and we had a loonnng talk about being "polite" on the way home. She normally has great manners, I promise! Anyway, I think it may have been the empathetic look of "don't worry I've been there" that you gave me that sent the tears rolling down my cheek. You'd think that after a few years teaching 20 first graders, I'd be able to deal with my own two-year old, right!? Anyway, thank you for reminding me that I am a good mommy and that I'm still welcome back in your store anytime. ;)
Bashfully,
V
p.s. When we got home, I informed my daughter that Mommy needed a "time-out." I told her she could sit in her chair and watch a video. Well, 30 minutes later, this is what I walked downstairs to find! You should know that my child has NEVER fallen asleep in her highchair (and probably never will again)! Maybe that explains the meltdown!? Needless to say, she totally redeemed herself by looking so darn cute! Ahh, motherhood:)

*Oh, and one more thing (for everyone who's reading this), I know you're either sitting there laughing becauseA.) You've been in my shoes before and know the strength it takes to raise a two-year old
OR
B.) You've yet to experience the "two's" with your child and are sitting there thinking, "My child will NEVER act like that!" (Now, it's my turn to laugh-HEHEHEHE!!!!!!!!!! Just wait!!!!!!)
We have all been there! But at the end of the day they seem to do something so cute that makes being a mommy of a two year old all worth it (until the next tantrum arrives)! and by the way you ARE a GREAT MOM!
ReplyDelete