Slider

Fall Apple Picking

Friday, July 11, 2014

The last weekend of September we ventured out to go apple picking in Oak Glen.  It was your typical Fall day in CA...HOT!  I was a little hesitant when we first got to the orchard because there were people...everywhere.  Lots of them.  I don't like big crowds of people.  Being eight months pregnant and waiting in the 30 minute line to use the restroom (if you could call it a "restroom," a glorified "outhouse" was more like it) was quite an adventure.  Luckily, my family didn't get sick of waiting for me and leave me to bake in the orchard by myself. ;)

On our way to find the trees for picking, we found strawberry picking!  Heaven!  We had a total ball!!  The squeals and gasps that came from the kids each time they found the "perfect" strawberry was adorable!  Oh, and the strawberries, straight from the vine...divine:)  I had to refrain from eating them straight from the vine (remember I was pregnant at the time, so this actually might have been acceptable).

Since, we're thoughtful people, we left some berries for others to pick and headed up to the apple trees.  Holy smokes, the orchards that were open on that particular day we quite a hike up a big hill.  Luckily, I found an "alternate route" and was still able to meet my peeps up on the hill to do some picking.  

Seriously, such a FUN day!!  We ended with lunch and headed back to good ol' "home."  Love, love, love me some apple (and strawberry) pickin'!















No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan