Slider
Off and Running
Friday, February 27, 2009
I dropped my parents off at the airport this morning because they were on their way to Napa, where my dad will be running his second marathon. I couldn't help but get a couple tears in my eyes as I drove away because I won't be able to be there at the finish line, this time:( However, he knows that my thoughts, encouragement and prayers will be in his heart!
I am so proud of the training and dedication that my dad has put forth. I'm also extremely proud of my mom, who has been so supportive of his INTENSE training schedule! Together, they are a great team!
In December, my dad was all prepared to run Sacramento Marathon. He had put in months of hardcore "speed" training," only to suffer a grueling injury the week prior to the race:( It truly broke my heart when he told me that he was not going to be able to run. However, after allowing his injury time to heal, he's back in the game and ready to run!!!!
Way to go Dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment