Slider

Friday, February 6, 2009

Tonight, Justin had the fun idea of going out to breakfast for dinner. We ended up at IHOP and had the best time! Doesn't take much to make us happy, huh!? Anyway, we had the nicest, most polite server. About halfway through our dinner I was told Justin that something was telling me that this was his second job because behind his smile and good attitude, he just looked tired. I mean, here is a man in his mid-40's working so hard waiting tables at IHOP and probably not making very much money at all. Maybe I made more out of the situation than it was, but I normally don't get such a strong feeling and he was really weighing on my heart. Justin said that he was sitting there thinking the same thing and that this man was weighing on his heart, too. Coincidence...I think not.

Needless to say, we left him a very large tip and were on our way. He looked puzzled when he asked us if we needed change and we said no. As we were leaving the restaurant he came running out the door after us, with the cash still in his hand and gave us a huge, genuine "THANK YOU!!!" It made our night and filled our hearts with joy knowing that giving a little extra can make someone so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan