So, today I had to go apply for my passport. With Hailey in tow, we were off to the Post Office. After waiting for a while, I was finally called up by the lady who was handling the passports. I gave her a set of passport photos that I had taken a few years ago (okay, they were taken in 2002 while I was in college and thought I would be studying abroad).
Anyway, I had long hair when the pictures were taken, but I figured I'd bring them along anyway, in case I could use them, instead of having to take new ones. Not trying to say that I haven't aged in the past seven years, but come on, I can't look that different??
Of course, she informed me that I couldn't used them and needed to take new ones. Okay, fine with me. Well, it was fine with me until this happened...
After taking and developing my new pictures, she studied both sets for what seemed like ions (as Hailey is "exploring" the room and me trying to keep her out of mischief). She looked up at me a couple times with an inquisitive look and would then go back to studying the photos. Seriously, what the heck was she doing???
She then proceeds with this, "Boy, do you look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better with your hair short!!!!!!!!!"
Me: "Pardon me?" (with my ear tilted toward her and my brow furrowed)
Opinionated Passport Lady: "Yeah, I said that you just look a lot better with your hair short. That long hair did nothing for you."
Me: "Umm, thanks. I think???"
Compliment? I kind of think not. If so, boy does she need some etiquette/communication lessons;)
No comments:
Post a Comment