Slider

Playing Chef

Monday, August 24, 2009

We had the yummiest dinner and I just had to share! My friend, Julie ordered something like this at California Pizza Kitchen, a couple weeks ago and we both chatted on how to replicate the dish at home. I am happy to report that my first attempt was a hit in the Piot household! If you know me and they way I love to cook, you'll know that I never follow a recipe (the main reason why at the same time, I'm a horrible baker!). Anyway, I don't have the exact measurements I used, but here's my version of the "recipe."

Spinach and Asparagus Linguine

1. In a large skillet, I sauteed together, the following ingredients in a pan with some Olive Oil, Italian Seasoning, Sea Salt and Pepper. Saute over Medium-high heat.

1 Roma Tomato, chopped
4 Crimini Mushrooms (not in the original dish, but I threw them in, anyway)
12 stalks Asparagus- cut in half (I used the frozen stalks from Trader Joes)
Bag of Spinach (remember it shrinks down, tremendously)
2 leaves minced, fresh Basil (I have a basil plant in my garden and thought it would add a yummy "fresh" taste)
1 t of minced garlic
Juice from 1/2 lemon (adds just the right "tanginess")


2. Next I added my cooked Linguine pasta to the vegetables. Mix. Then add (the "good" stuff):

2 T Mascarpone Cheese (for a subtle creamy taste)
Generous amount of Parmesan Cheese
2 T Butter (I used 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter')

...and that's it! It made a TON, too! Can't wait for the leftovers:)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! Sounds yummy! I'll have to put it on the menu for next week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan