Tonight, like most nights, Hailey was continuing to get out of her bed for every reason under the sun! The issue (tonight) was the lighting in her room. First, she wanted me to leave the hall light on. Then, it was her bathroom light. Finally, I had an idea! (Insert "lightbulb" here- pun intended!)Gigi and Poppy had given her a color-changing nightlight. We have it plugged in downstairs, but tonight...it was being used as bribery, baby! I told her that if she stayed in her bed, I'd go get "Gigi's Princess Light." After I brought it to her room, I sat with her for a couple minutes and pointed out to her that with each new color, came a new princess to protect her while she slept! Genius, I know;) Oh, and lucky for me that literally each princess does have her own color...phew! Example: Green=Tinkerbell, Blue=Cinderella, Red=Snow White, Yellow=Belle, Purple=Jasmine. See what I mean? Boy, the things you come up with on a whim!
As I sit here and write, she's off "counting princesses!" :) Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment