
Yep, that's my kid...a definite "learning by doing" child. You know, the type of child where for example, you tell them not to touch something hot and they do it anyway, only to come running to you to tell you whatever you told them not to touch was hot!
Well, when were in San Francisco, we spent one of our afternoons at Fisherman's Wharf. While eating lunch, Hailey insisted on drinking from a real glass. Key word: REAL glass. I bet you already know where this story is going!
If you guessed that after 10,000 times of me telling her to use both hands, she dropped it and it shattered on the ground...you're right! Water now covered her and I. Nice! Now, if you're wondering why I didn't just confiscate the glass in the first place, I figured she was running on very low sleep at this point and was trying hard to be on her best behavior, so I just really didn't feel like dealing with a major meltdown. You know, those moments as a parent, when you're trying really hard to "keep everyone happy and quiet?" So there I sat covered in ice water, next to a pile of shattered glass. Guess, I sure paid for that one, didn't I!?
Luckily, lunch was almost over and we were just about the only ones sitting on the patio (gee, I wonder why??), so we didn't make too much of a scene. That was until tour comical waiter came over and lectured her for um, maybe seven minutes on why she should always listen to her mommy. It was downright HILARIOUS!!! I kept waiting for Hailey to burst into tears, but she listened most attentively. I, on the otherhand, was just about in tears from laughing so hard...the waiter really was so comical! Here are some pictures to make you crack up:


No comments:
Post a Comment