Slider

Humbled

Monday, December 7, 2009

Just as I was sitting here, finishing some online Christmas shopping, I had a very humbling conviction. I now sit here and type this with tears rolling down my face and my heart heavy, yet thankful.

You see, I've had the news on in the background and was listening to the weather reports for this weekend. Saturday is supposed to be Bug's big birthday bash...which, is to be held outside. Long story short, the weather report is not looking favorable to host an outdoor party. So, of course, I'm sitting here praying and trying not to get bummed out at the fact, that there's a good chance we may need to re-schedule it.

Well, out of nowhere, I hear from a friend who's been sitting on her mom's hospital bed all day. Sitting at the end of her terminally ill mom's hospital bed, that is. Her mom is currently losing her horrific battle with pancreatic cancer. My friend's words were, "I don't think it gets much worse than watching your mom shiver and shake in a hospital bed as tears run down her red cheeks:( I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!!! God has a lot of explaining to do!!!!!!" I read this and immediately burst into tears, the kind of tears that keep coming and coming.

And to think that my ridiculous mind was just sitting here, worried about the weather on Saturday? Um, suddenly my "issue" seems small, oh soooo, SMALL.

Tears of sadness on so many levels.
Tears of love, thinking about how much I adore and love my own mom.
Tears of fear of ever having to watch a close, loved one suffer, like this.
Tears of thankfulness because I am blessed beyond any words imaginable.
and lastly,
Tears of being completely humbled and brought back to what really matters in life.

1 comment:

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan