







Dearest little Bug,
Today, you are THREE!! Daddy and I can't believe we have a "three-year old" in our house! We've spent the past day reminiscing about exciting events that led up to your birth. We sat on the phone together at exactly 2:51pm (the time you came into this world), today and remembered the joy we felt in our hearts at that exact moment, just three years ago.
What can I say, my sweet girl...the love I have for you is something you will probably not understand until you, God-willing, have a child of your own to love on someday! I often tell Daddy that my heart feels like it could burst with all the love it holds inside for you:) In fact, sitting here my eyes well-up with tears, thinking about how I may just be the luckiest Mama in the entire world. Really, it floors me that you were put here on Earth as MY daughter...a thought that if I sat here forever, I don't think I could EVER fully grasp, nor be able to thank God enough for entrusting me with ultimately, His precious child...YOU!
I still love going in to check on you before I go to bed each night. There's something that melts my heart when I watch you sleep with your lips pursed together and you're off in dreamland. I love the innocence that you hold, not really a care or worry in the world...I hope you're able to hold onto this for as long as possible. Please don't ever be in a hurry to grow up, cherish your childhood. Daddy and I often dream and pray about how we hope your heart remains as pure as possible, for as long as possible, in this seemingly big, big world.
This year has been downright, incredible. A year of learning, growing, giggles, and adventure. I've sure gotten a lot of mileage out of the "she's two" excuse, but that's what "the two's" are for, right!? Mommy and Daddy have survived and that's all that matters;) You didn't think I'd get through an entire post without "mentioning" that, did you now, silly girl!?
It still feels like an absolute dream that I, me, your Mommy, have a DAUGHTER! I really and truly must have hit the jackpot (Daddy always says the same thing). I pray that the bond we hold will only continue to (although, I can't imagine it getting any bigger than it is) grow. I think it's safe to say, you hold the best characteristics from Daddy and myself, plus a little pinch of spunk...the perfect mix, might I add! You absolutely tickle us to the core in oh, so many ways! Yes, and that sparkle in your eye...well, it's definitely worked to your advantage;)
You may not have the fanciest toys, the priciest clothes or the biggest house on the block, but I promise you this...you'll have MORE than you'll ever need in life. You'll have the "things" that you can take with you anywhere, the "things" that will make you "rich." Rich with love, rich with happiness, rich with memories, and rich with the time that we do our best to invest into you.
So, with all that being said, I cannot wait to see what this year has in store for you! I know it's going to be exciting! Again, what a beautiful little spirit and a beautiful little lady you are becoming! And as I say every night, "Good night, my precious angel. You make my heart dance!"
Happy, Happy 3rd Birthday, sweet one! I love you to the moon and back, always and forever!
xoxo,
Mommy
So sweet! She is lucky to have you!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it has already been 3 years, time is really flying by. She is so precious and we love her too. Happy Bday bug!
ReplyDelete