Slider

So long 2009...

Thursday, December 31, 2009

I have to admit that while it's always nice to start a new year, watching 2009 come to a close is a tad bittersweet. I guess that's because when I think of any year of my life, no matter how challenging or awesome of a year it might have been, it's a year of time that I'll never get back. When it comes down to it, every year of my life I've been blessed with great health, a family who I love more than life itself, and wonderful memories that have always out-shined any bad or painful memories, by far! So, with that said I get a bit nostalgic when I watch that ball drop, every year.

Anyway, on with my post. What can I say about 2009???? Hmm...it was a whole heck of a lot better than 2008, for starters! I'm actually sitting here, having NO idea where to begin with summing up our year. Maybe I could call this our "Faith, Determination and Perseverance Comes to Fruition" year?

As I look out into what many families and individuals in our world have gone through this year, I am reminded that I am indeed, BLESSED! "Blessed" is truly a term that I don't take lightly and at times, it almost seems like an understatement of how thankful I feel.

I look back to a couple years ago when Justin and I took the most gigantic leap of faith, by having me put my career on hold to stay at home with Hailey and I think "WOW!" It's amazing what a faith-builder this journey has been! If we knew the trials and scary times that were to lie ahead would we have still conquered our dream? If we would have let opinions of others get in the way of our vision and dreams, would we have made the leap? If Justin knew how grueling getting his new career off the ground was going to be, would he have accepted the job offer? If we would have realized how long it would be before we felt comfortable purchasing a second car would we have had the guts to have Justin make a job change and give up his company car? If we would have realized how tough it would be to keep our heads financially "above water" and out of debt, would we have had me quit my job? If we would have realized how much "rain" we would walk through before we got to the "light", what would our decisions have been? (Oh, and let me say the list is endless!) :)

Do you know what the answer to ALL of these questions would have been??? YES, in a heartbeat! You see, it was through all the "questions" and trials, where some of our greatest lessons in life have been learned. The kind of lessons that truly make you grow as an individual and a family. The kind of lessons that teach you the ever-so-important lesson of having a content heart or the ever-so-important lesson of faith and God's true grace. The lesson of knowing that God has and always will provide. The lesson of determination and perseverance. Oh, and the lesson of how to be the most savvy coupon-clipper Orange County has ever seen;)

I'd have to say that knowing all these past couple of years has taught us, we'd definitely take the leap again, as every struggle has really and truly turned out to be something wonderful in our life. I'd like to think of it as the principle known as "delayed gratification." :) I guess that's what the road of life is all about; you never know where it may lead you and although, the journey may be long, there's bound to be something beautiful somewhere along the way that makes you stop and think, "Oh yeah, this is worth the drive."

The truth is, we knew what a crazy ride we were in for and let me remind myself that there were many days over the past couple years that I asked myself if we'd made the right decisions regarding our jobs? However, I'm thankful to say that I'd always receive an immediate answer, whether it be from Justin, my heart or God, reminding me that God had a purpose and a vision for our path and to continue to be content and patient, in waiting to see what God had in store for us. Every time, I'd verbalize this to Justin he'd confirm that indeed we'd done the right thing and our faith, determination and perseverance were going to get us where we needed to be. And as he'd always say, "Hey, we've got love, one another and Bug...what else do we need!?" How true that is and always will be, when all else is stripped away, we will remain together!

In closing, when I look back upon this year, I will remember it as a year of so many answered prayers, as well as a year of feeling "back on our feet," as they say. It truly has been a memorable year and I look forward to turning the corner and seeing what's in store for us in 2010!

Here are some of our highlights from 2009:

  • January- Justin was promoted to "Account Manager"
  • June 3rd- J and V celebrating four years of marriage and sneaking away for the weekend to San Diego
  • June-July- V completed her third summer teaching for UCI's Writing Project
  • July- Finally purchasing a new car, which we absolutely love!!!
  • August- we were finally able to take a week-long vacation! We vacationed up the coast of California and had a blast!!
  • September 28th- finding out we'll be adding another little one to our family!
  • December 11th- It's a BOY!
  • Justin's incredibly hard work payed off, making him the National Top Sales Rep in his company...Go, J!!!!
  • Not to mention all the "highlights" that occur in our everyday life:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan