Slider

32 Weeks and 34 Weeks

Thursday, May 6, 2010


34 Weeks



32 Weeks (love the shadow, adding at least an extra inch!)


Well, sitting here at 35 weeks along already, with my little wombmate still keeping his mommy company! I've been getting a lot of the "how are you feeling" question, lately and to be honest, I'm hanging in there! Can't say the crazy heartburn, returned bouts of morning sickness (yes, I'm one of the "lucky" ones in this dep't. Although, it's NOTHING compared to the first 16 weeks of this pregnancy.), or gestational diabetes are my favorite parts of the journey, but really, I'm thankful! Thankful for this miracle of a journey more than words will ever express! Being pregnant for the second time and being so pre-occupied, chasing after Bug, I think those "things" are sometimes ways of reminding me not to forget I'm pregnant;)


The past couple weeks/weekends have brought about the most INSANE nesting instinct I didn't know I had in me! And that's saying a lot, since I thrive on organizing/cleaning on a regular basis;) (What a dear man I married to put up with such a nutty wife!) Since, last time I was on bedrest at this point in my pregnancy, I've taken full advantage of being mobile, this time around! The bursts of energy are crazy and I fully welcome them [just not at 3am:( ]. Gotta love the 3rd trimester insomnia, too...seems like an oxymoron that your body prepares for living on little sleep, by starting that journey out, exhausted in the first place? I often find myself lying wide awake in the wee hours of the morning, just wishing the hours away, so I can get up and start my day. If you know me well, you'll know that this is NOT like me...I love being snuggled in my bed:)

Hailey is loving helping me with the preparations for "Baby Brother," too! It's definitely been a fun bonding experience to share with her. She is in full "little Mommy mode!" Oh, and speaking of "helping," she's also been in full "little nurse mode," too. The girl is at my side EVERY single time it's time to check my blood sugars...it's pretty funny. She's given herself the ever-so-important job of: 1.) Inserting the testing strip into the meter 2.) Pushing the button on the lancet (maybe this part is her way of getting back at me for when I don't let her have her way!) AND 3.) Tending to my wound (aka "grabbing the tissue and dabbing my finger"). Can't say I ever pictured "bonding" with her this way, but hey, I'll take whatever I can get;)

I'm just trying to soak up and enjoy these last few weeks of being a Mama to one and a family of three!

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute!! Yes- enjoy the moments of only have one, because your life will get a little more hectic very quickly. Sometimes I feel like- I have two kids...I might as well have 50. Lol!! It's so incredibly fun, though, I can't wait to meet this little man. :)

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan