Slider

Cows Give Us Milk and I Just Don't Want To Talk About It

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

PART ONE:
Yesterday, as I was in the kitchen cooking up some dinners to put in the freezer for after this baby arrives, Hailey hit me with the fact that she knows where milk comes from. I know, I know, of course she knows it comes from cows, but she informed me exactly where she thinks it comes from;)
Of course, I was quick to inform her that it doesn't come from there (since, this blog is g-rated, I'd rather not go into detail about where "there" is...get my drift?), but I instead informed her that it comes from their pink pouch on their bellies. Phew- I was relieved to clarify that for her;)
Anyway, after my "lecture," she quickly responds with(in an extremely monotone voice), "Yeah, uh-huh Mom, I got it. Now, please, it's time to stop talking, alright? Thanks, Mom."
Gosh, I love that kid and the humor she brings to my day!

PART TWO:
As some of you know, I feel very strong about having a family dinner with NO television. Last night, "someone" turned it on right as we were sitting down to dinner. As I sat down, I reminded Hailey that dinner is our special time and we never watch tv during it. She quickly shoots back at me, "Hailey knooowwws, but Hailey just doesn't really want to talk about her day, okay?" Um, okay- I guess I didn't realize she had that difficult of a day to re-live/re-tell at the dinner table? Silly girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan