Slider

An Eventful Evening

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Let me please preface this post by saying, Hailey and I are COMPLETELY fine and unharmed! Praise God! (Oh, and so is our brand-new car!) With that being said, I'm sure you can only imagine what the rest of the post will contain...

Last night, turned out to be anything, but boring. Hailey and I went to Costco to pick up a couple things. We were having fun, looking at all the Christmas goodies on display and browsing through all the toys. Well, the fun abruptly ended when we were on our way home, were hit by a drunk driver. Again, we are both fine!

Here's the scoop: I pulled out of the parking lot and crossed through an intersection and noticed an older Camry driving REALLY slow and eventually came to a dead stop in the middle of the road, no stop light or anything, just smack-dab stopped in the middle of the road. "What the heck?" I thought. I stayed back and kept my distance, in case the car was stalled or something. Well, of course I check my rear-view mirror and see a group of cars coming down the hill, behind me. I knew I needed to get out of the road or we were likely to be hit HARD. I gave a couple "courtesy" honks and a couple flickers of my lights. Nothing. Then, low and behold, the idiot must have knocked his car into neutral and comes barreling backwards and smashes into the front of my car!!! Are you kidding me?????? Of all the luck, right! He literally had ZERO reaction. Never even hit the brakes.

Poor Hailey was pretty upset by the noise of the crash and immediately started crying. While trying to get her to calm down, call 911 and get the heck out of the middle of the road, figure out the heck is wrong with this guy, and finding a place to pull over, I was flustered and scared:( After he ran a red light and was swerving ALL over the road, he eventually pulled into a parking lot and sat in his car. I could see that he was CLEARLY "not with it." Of course, there was NO way that I was getting out of my car, until the cops arrived. I was pretty freaked out at this point. I pulled in the gas station, where I knew there was plenty of people around and watched him make a circle in the parking lot, pull back in a spot and then act like he was going to pull onto the main highway. He did this three times, until he finally pulled into on-coming traffic, going about 10miles an hour! So, yeah- he fled the scene and who knows if the cops caught him???

Of course, I called Justin, while I was waiting for the cops and he was there within a few minutes.

SO many things ran through my head, as I laid in bed trying to fall asleep, last night. All I could do was sneak back into Hailey's room, kneel down by her crib and say an extra prayer of thanks to God. Thanks for the "what actually happened" and not the "what could have happened." I've been so "lucky" (twice, now, actually;) )to learn the ever-so-important lesson of "it does NOT matter how CAREFUL of a driver you are or how many traffic checks you do, there are COMPLETE and utter morons out there who have NO regard for others and are a danger to you." Actually, that is why the whole thing freaks me out so bad. It is proof that no matter how cautious you are, there are accidents that are completely unavoidable and out of your control:( So, with that being said, just as I was gaining some of my confidence on the road back, I think I will resort to being a hermit;) Or maybe, I'll be okay if I just stay away from black limousines and drunks! Aye-aye-aye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan