Slider

No Joke!

Friday, September 11, 2009

So, I was thinking of starting off again, with "everyone is alive and well," but apparently, I've already used that line this week;) Instead, I'll just "dive" right into the good stuff!

Just when I thought a Friday night trip to Staples was going to be "boring," I was quickly wrong (once again, might I add)! Anyone see a trend here??? Umm, I DO!

There we were in Staples...Justin and Hailey browsing around, while I grabbed a couple things. I stood at the front of the store assembling some copies, when I hear a little darling shouting (and I DO mean shouting), "VANESSA! VANESSA! VANESSSSSSSSSSAAA!!!!"

My first thoughts were "How funny it was tiny little girl was shouting for a Vanessa." Then I realized that the "Vanessa" was me and that was my kid. As she migrated closer to me my second thought was "How in the world did she escape her dad's sight?" I know, easy to do when you're as spunky as she is.

So, here she came, running frantically up to me and telling me, "Mom, snake!" Except it sounded more like "sh-nake." I asked myself if she said "shake" or "snake." Well, I'll give you two guesses and the first one doesn't count;)

Yes, indeed she said SNAKE!

I asked her if Daddy put her up to this and the lady at the counter laughed and went back to working. Wouldn't you know it, that as I walk closer to the back of the store, I see Justin and another shopper trying to "catch" a REAL, LIVE SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just even typing the "s-word" ;) makes me cringed and put my feet up on my chair! (Really, I'm not kidding.)

Of course, the second Justin sees me, he started motioning for me to come look at it. Um, of the almost ten years we've know eachother, doesn't he know I'm just a tad bit phobic of those suckers!? I had absolutely NO need to "catch a quick look." Really, I'm fine, thank you very much!

Eventually, one of the employees caught it under a trash can and I have no idea what happened after that because I high-tailed it out of the store! Thank goodness, I remembered to pay for my items, in the midst of my flurry because wouldn't that just be my luck (after the week I had) to run out of the store, forgetting to pay and get arrested for shoplifting???

So, if anyone who's reading this needs to get a hold of me, this weekend, you'll have NO trouble finding me because I'll be hibernating AT HOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan