Slider

Fireproof

Friday, March 27, 2009





Wednesday night, Justin and I had a "date night in." After we put Hailey to bed we rented the movie, Fireproof. I had been wanting to see this movie since it came out and was really looking forward to it. Let me just say, I had NO idea how much Justin and I were going to
LOVE, I mean LOVE this movie!!! Aside from some of the bad acting, the message was truly amazing! I warned Justin ahead of time that my friends who had seen it said the acting was quite corny at times, but to be patient because it was supposed to be a very touching movie. A few minutes into the movie, we were both past the bad acting and completely involved in the story.

Without sharing the whole movie, it is about a married couple who is on the brink of divorce; but who's marriage is saved by a book called The Love Dare. The clip above (The Cross) is from a scene when Caleb (the husband) is sharing his frustration with his dad because the book simply "isn't working" and his wife was not responding it. Caleb quickly learns that his heart must be right with God before his marriage can become right again. If you don't want to watch the entire clip, just fast forward to about 2:30...a scene that has stuck with me since I watched it! A truly
BEAUTIFUL and CONVICTING part of the movie!

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend this movie to ANY married couple (no matter how
perfect your marriage may be)! It will be worth your time, I promise:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan