Slider

Thoughts from the Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, March 17, 2009


As I stood in many lines at Disneyland on Friday, I began to notice the different way people stand in a line. Sounds stupid, I know...but, please read further! So, I've classified them into five different groups.

1.) The "Smother-er": I first encountered this type as I waited in line to pick up my ticket. The dang kid behind me kept bumping into me and clearly, did NOT understand personal space. I felt like turning around to him and saying, "Listen kid, I know we're all thrilled to be at the 'happiest place on earth,' but your experience here will be anything but happy if you continue stepping on the back of my heels!" Those of you who know me, know that I'm extremely claustrophobic; so needless to say, the "smother-er" drives me NUTS!!!

2.) The "Tell-Me-Your-Whole-Life-Story" Person: Not much explaining needed here! I think I spent the entire 25 minute wait for some rocket ride listening to the person in front of me tell me his entire life story...NO joke! Now don't get me wrong, it was a lovely story, but what I really wanted to do was stand silently in line and "people-watch" those around me;) Oh, and that brings me to my next point...

3.) The "Wear Your Sunday Best to a Theme Park" Person: As I was walking into the park, I began to wonder if I missed the memo that said to dress up in my highest-high heels and wear my Sunday best? I might really be going out on a limb here, when I say that I like to dress pretty comfy when I go to an amusement park. You know...those "ratty" things called jeans and tennis shoes??? I personally cannot imagine strolling around all day in four-inch heels and a skirt, but then again what do I know?

4.) The "Forget You're in Public and Feel the Immediate Need to Make-out With Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend": It never fails that I'll get stuck in front of some couple who feels the need to completely make-out with one another while standing about one-inch from behind me! Really...WHY???????? I nearly turned around and tapped on the shoulders of one particular couple behind me and said, "Umm, excuse me for being rude here, but would you mind continuing your 'make-out' session somewhere other than an inch from my ear!?" I'll spare you the sound-affects, but seriously DISGUSTING! (Don't worry, I won't leave you with that image in your head, so I've come up with one more!)

5.) The "Run to Get One Person in Front of You" Person: I was surprised at how many times this happened on Friday. Boy, there are some rude, bold people out there, I tell ya! Of course, I let them in front of me because if I don't, they'll be smothering me while standing behind me (if you need more of a description, please refer to point #1 of this post). I also love letting them go in front of me because then I can smile and wink at them as I walk by when I get called to the front of the line before them because there's two empty spots on the ride and they have a 'party of four.'

I bet I could think of a couple more "types" if I thought for longer, but those are just a few that stuck out in my mind. Do you know how many papers I could have written on this when I was in college majoring in Sociology???

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! These are hilarious! Chad and I have had passes for years, so I can definitely relate to all of these. Number one is seriously the most annoying! I can give the kids a break, they're excited and the parents should tell them to mind-the-space, but when adults keep pushing at my back in line...arg! It's like, manners people come on, you're not going to magically make it to the front of the line by squishing me! I also love the "cough on you" people who insist on coughing/sneezing right on your back in line. Get a tissue or use your own shirt please :D

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan